Wednesday, November 18, 2009

late bloomer

here goes a story i've been meaning to blog about.
oh well. here goes.

when i was a kid, i was more drawn to toys for the boys. instead of playing the barbie collection my sister and i had, i would rather play with remote controlled cars and pile up the building blocks we also possessed. the only "girly" thing i would play with my sister was our mini grocery set up in which i was the "cashier". i was also the one who loved to play sports. i guess it was the influence of my father. he loves sports. but having two girls as children, he couldn't really pass on the interest. but inevitably, i became the unconscious "victim" of his favorite past time. mama would still remind me of what i did when was about 2 or 3. papa was watching basketball on tv, and since that has always been a habit for him, the whole family would watch with him -- that became my exposure to sports. but since the girl in me was still very much active, mama told me that everytime Alvin Patrimonio (a cutie basketball player starting out at that time) would come out of the tv, i would kiss the screen because as they say, he was my childhood crushie.

fast forward. highschool.

when every girl friend i had was problematic of their crushes with code names such as chocolate and mudpie and while they were drooling over fashion and dresses and make ups, i was still the typical tomboy. comfortable with tshirts, jeans, sneakers, sports. i am really good with games that had balls. haha. softball, volleyball, basketball, football and even tennis i could surely play it and be good at it. and im not kidding. ;)

i've had crushes but i never really found someone worthy of my tears. wahaha. (that's another way of saying i haven't been inlove).

college is uhm... same old, same old.

fast forward.

the day i turned 25. fairly recent right?

i've had a blog post about having a sort of breaking point moment. the moment i started to feel lonely because i became scared of being alone. the moment the girl in me started to come back. the little princess that was sorta suppressed when i was a kid, came back and filled my being. i now dream and hope that someday, prince charming will be waiting outside my doorstep - all dressed up in white with his horse by his side, looking good and smiling the smile he can only make when im around. i now imagine to have someone who would lock hands with me and cuddle with me when im down yet still corrects lovingly my faults when the need arises. a guy who would make me laugh effortlessly and makes me feel good about myself, a guy who shares the same faith as me and believes that i am his "for life"...

and so i now find myself shopping for tops not tshirts, skirts not jeans, and sandals and dolls shoes instead of sneakers. eye liners, blush ons and lip sticks are beginning to be my buddies. everything that i skipped when was a teenager, i now am currently undergoing. the lady is now a girl. haha.

it's never too late.
it's just part of life.
it's just part of the preparation.

so now, i remain patient.

to whoever: your princess awaits you.

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment